Friday, August 1, 2014

Other Things I've Been Up To


All the Hoits got together for the first time in 9 years. It was much over do, and it was a lot of fun. 


I hang out at the lake a lot. But rarely in the lake, its too cold for that. What is with this summer weather? I'm not a fan of this drop to 10 degrees at night. Its supposed to be July after all! 


I've started doing art again. However I'm still unsure where the location is of half of my paints. This is what happens when you decide to store all your stuff in your parent's basement and then go travel the world. 

Other stuff includes, seeing friends and family. I haven't seen as many as I hoped, it turns out not all careers get the summer off, weird. Also my lack of owning a car does not help. But the friends that I have seen its been great to see them. 

Shopping. I'm basically replacing my entire teaching wardrobe because almost everything I own is too scandalous for new school. They don't embrace showing off shoulders and knees the same way that my school in Philippines did. So I'm on the hunt for long skirts and tunic type shirts that won't make me look like I'm wearing a bag. If you find some, let me know. Also there's the standard stock piling of my own personal Shoppers Drugmart. Anyone who's lived aboard knows that sometime you just want Buckley's cold medicine, or have a huge need for anti-frizz curl defining hair products. 

Getting all of my favourite foods. Good quality beef, we have it. Real milk, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, fresh berries, Kawartha Dairy ice cream, good cheese, orange juice and bacon. Every time I walk into a grocery store it makes me so happy, and I'm overwhelmed by the choices. Luckily Kuwait should be slight better than Subic Bay, except when it comes to pork products, thats banned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment