Saturday, October 19, 2013

Off To Manila I Go!

This week has been stressful, between the students, IB review process, yearbook class photos, and travel planning I needed a vacation.

So on Thursday when a parent offered to take me to Manila this weekend for a design show I jumped on the opportunity.

I booked my hotel room last night. The website made it look like a steal, just under 2000 pesos (a little less than $50 canadian) I would get a room with a nice bed with fancy pillows, a kitchenette, in a great location with a rooftop pool. Last night after booking it I was pretty impressed with myself at finding this.

After we arrived in Manila around noon I went to the spa and spent 3 and half hours enjoying jacuzzi tubs and steam rooms, getting scrubbed and massaged. All the while getting served ginger tea and listening to tranquil spa music, which once you get over how annoying the birds are, it really does make you feel quite zen.

Had some good food. Came back to the hotel to check in finally, shower and then later meet some people for drinks. Before the room was not ready so I just dropped off my bag, stored my laptop in the hotel safe and headed out. I was eager to see what my great hotel deal turned out to be.

Now the room does have free wifi, and the bed is ok, the mattress is a little big for the bed frame making it hang over the edge. There is a kitchenette, no fancy pillows and a couch with a questionable stain. The location is great and there is a rooftop pool that has excellent views of the city.

The downside is the shower. It is the shower from hell. Horrific is the word I would use to describe it. The water come strait out and highly pressurized great if your looking to power wash your skin. Turns out I didn't need to get that body scrub at the spa today after all. It's painful. And the temperature ranges from frigid to slightly below room temperature. And I know what you're think, Dana, you live in the Philippines, room temperatures like 90 degrees there. Except this is Canadian room temperature... in winter. So yeah its a little frosty.

Tomorrow I meet my friend for breakfast and then all day at the design expo, where we'll look at fabric, jewellery and cool home stuff and I'll really hard not to buy anything. We'll see....

The worst shower ever! And note the lovely hunter green title... the design expo would not approve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment