Friday, January 11, 2013

Back in the Philippines

I arrived home last night at 3 am, which gave me a grand total of 34 hours in travel if you include the rides to and from the airport. Now this was one of my least favourite trips, not just because of the 34 hours of travel, but also because the brand new laptop that I got at the being of the year from my school was stolen in the Hong Kong airport. Just to piss me off a little more this happened just after I finished typing up the lessons and handout for the coming week in school. Which means a full days work is gone. 

So I was in the airport waiting in between flights and I had my laptop in my hand after going through security where you have to remove your laptop from your bag while it goes through the scanner. So I get to my gate, find a seat where there will be a plug near by, I put my laptop down on the seat, go into my bag to find my power cord and then I turn back and the laptop is gone. It was stolen a foot away from me in the 10-15 seconds it took me to go through my bag. The gate was fairly empty, and no one seemed to see anything. I go to the gate and tell the person what had happened, then comes the long process of me trying to understand people with really thick Chinese accents and filling out incident reports.  The security guy was just angry with me and the incident report lady was overly perky and optimistic. The last thing you want to hear is that "it will probably turn up or maybe the person who took it will return it. It could have just been a mistake." Because lets be honest that thing is gone, and really all I want is for you acknowledge that the situation sucks, and that I'm allowed to be upset. But no the universe decided to sick Chinese Mary Poppins on Prozac on me. The spoon full of sugar song does not apply in this situation. 

After all this I take another flight then arrive at my house tired, and cranky super late. This morning I go to get some things out of my bags and discover that a bottle of conditioner and a thing of paint exploded in my luggage. in two separate bags. So that was fun to deal with. After that I went and bought a lot of chocolate.

On a brighter note, here's a picture of the Rockies.



No comments:

Post a Comment