Monday, July 30, 2012

My Classroom!

So today was the first day I got into my classroom!!!  And in fact it's not one classroom, but two.

So upon my arrival at the school on Friday I discovered that not only was I teaching the high school art, but I was also teaching middle school... 7 & 8's... my favorite... (that was sarcasm by the way). But it could be worse, I could have had the grade 6's too, luckily they didn't fit into my schedule.  I haven't really figured out what to do for them yet, luckily I have until wednesday next week.

On the plus side my classrooms are huge and lovely. And there was only one leak in the roof and it minor, which apparently is pretty impressive. (Hands up for adequate roofing during rainy season!)

However I do have some minor art supply issues. I'm hoping that somewhere there's a couple boxes of art supplies hidden, or tucked away in some odd closet. These things happen in Canada all the time, so it should happen in foreign countries more right??? (I hope so.)  Because currently I have a huge role of canvas, lots of strecher, 7 gallons of gesso (canvas primer), yet I don't really have paint. I have several things of cheap orange craft paint, and then some pink and 2 small bottles of each of the primary colours. And when I say small I mean I would go through them in a two paintings, not that I would ever want to use it, because its has the same thickness as water.   Then there's the drawing supplies, which theres lots of, and good quality. The only problem is I only have coloured construction paper.

But on the positive side my classrooms look like this.....


And my desk is currently pretty clean


And really when you live on a tropical island, and you have monkeys that play in your backyard, and theres only a minor leak in classroom roof, which happens to be over the sink, and even if you don't have any supplies, and you do have to teach grade 7's, can you really have a bad year? I didn't think so.

1 comment:

  1. 1) yay for coloured construction paper!
    2) your classroom is MASSIVE and AWESOME!
    3) i think you should give those monkeys a name.
    4) your minor leak could serve as a water fountain for students (especially the grade 7's, HA!).
    5) i LOVE your house!!!!! It's so spacious and ready to be decorated by a guru like YOU!

    love you!!! can't wait to read more about your adventures!!! XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete